Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pangasinan | Matabang Beach Resort

2 years had passed since our eyes first set upon the paradise-like shores of Tambobong Beach in Dasol, Pangasinan. It’s an exciting trip not just because we are set to see the wonderful place but also because there are a whole lot of us coming. It’s like the whole barangay is coming with us. It is our first time to had an excursion with a group this big, more or less 30 pax.

We started our 6-hour trip at around 3 in the morning and I decided not to sleep so that I could make sure that everything’s done and loaded. I don’t wanna lessen our enjoyment because something was missed out. But the errand had sapped out all my remaining energy and as soon as our jeepney was off, I dozed off with it.

I woke up 4-hours after our departure and learned that there had been mishaps that caused us a little delay. The road ahead was still a long way to go so we fill our time eating and dozing-off from time to time.

Alas we arrived to the treacherous dirt road; we braced ourselves from the smoke and dust that welcomed us. We finally arrived at Matabang beach resort 30 minutes after.

Matabang, the Filipino word for bland, was the name given to the resort because of the bland taste of water along its shores caused by fresh waters from a nearby spring.

As soon as we touched down to the resort, some of us had already thrown themselves in the tempting waters. As for myself; I’d rather eat first, I’m starving.

Our lunch was adobong manok at baboy (chicken and pork sautéed in vinegar and soy sauce) that my mom prepared during the night and Itlog na maalat (salted egg) mixed with diced tomatoes. Lunch was served, Pinoy style.

As soon as we are done feasting ourselves with the mouth-watering lunch, we ran to the seducing beach with its pulverized sand on our feet and crystal clear water on our thighs. We spent the whole afternoon swimming to our hearts content and took some photos of the magenta sky before dark.

After eating helping ourselves with our dinner; roasted liempo (pork belly), Inihaw na Pusit (squid), and most especially hot rice. We dipped again in the warm water, letting the calm waves slowly massage our bodies under the bright rays of full moon. Our evening was filled with laughter from the comedic stories of Mang Tasyo, the community kingpin, and other personalities from the Riles (train tracks).

This trip was truly worth it.

We all decided to find our own place to sleep since the attic was jam-packed with the elderly and kids. I woke up at around 4 am, feeling very cold, and in desperate need of something to warm myself with. Good gracious that my dad was already awake and had prepared some hot waters for coffee. I enjoyed the contrasting sensation of hot coffee in my belly and the cold humid breeze that the morning had offered.

I walked along the shores before the first light of the sun, with warm waters and pebbles to massage my feet. I had walked this shore before and just enjoyed every moment of it.

When I returned to the resort, some people are buzzing around my cousin’s car. It seems that faith was toying upon us. He locked the keys inside the night before and was trying to come up with a solution since evening. He finally gave up and had someone bring the extra keys to Pangasinan, thus becoming the hero of the day.

Our trip ended up with a few unexpected mishaps and a whole lot a bunch of stopovers for Halo-Halo, crushed ice mixed with different Filipino toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment